Ember Lab has released Kena: Bridge of Spirits update 2.02 (PS5 version 2.002) today for PS4 and PS5. It is the big anniversary update coming with New Game+, new outfits, and more. Check out the Kena: Bridge of Spirits September 27 patch notes below.
Kena: Bridge of Spirits Update 2.02 Patch Notes | Kena: Bridge of Spirits 2.002 Patch Notes | Kena: Bridge of Spirits September 27 Patch Notes:
update: Ember Lab has released the official patch notes, though it doesn’t deviate much from what was originally announced for the anniversary update.
The Anniversary Update includes the following new features and updates:
- New Game+
- New Game+ will become available after completing an initial playthrough – replay the main story while keeping all collected Rot, abilities, and upgrades.
- Most New Game+ combat encounters have been updated with new enemies and modified compositions.
- Special Green Chests with collectibles will become available in New Game+.
- Many bosses will include new attacks in New Game+.
- Spirit Guide Trials & Outfits
- Spirit Guide Trials offer unique challenges to test your skills and earn rewards. Interact with the carving behind the Mask Shrine to take on new Trials as they become available throughout your adventure.
- Unique Kena Outfits with color variants can be unlocked by completing Spirit Guide Trials and Bonus Objectives.
- Charmstones, Abilities, & Hats
- Equipable Charmstones have been hidden throughout the world that will modify Kena’s abilities by granting unique combinations of advantages and disadvantages in combat.
- Two new Bomb Ability upgrades have been added – Splatter Bomb and Split Bomb.
- New Rot Hats have been hidden throughout the world.
- Enhanced Photo Mode
- Photo Mode has been enhanced with Lighting Setups, Camera Animation, and more.
- Brand new Poses have been added to Photo Mode.
- Apprentice Spirit Guide, a new difficulty setting, offers a balance between Story Mode and Spirit Guide settings.
- Text localization for Polish language has been added.
- DLSS and Dynamic Resolution support has been added. (PC Only)
- Accessibility Features
- UI scaling.
- Automatic sprint.
- Subtitle size and background opacity.
- Toggle input functionally for multiple abilities.
- Deluxe Edition:
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits Original Soundtrack has been expanded and remastered.
- The Shadow outfit has been included as a Deluxe Edition exclusive.
This patch also includes the following fixes:
- Pre-rendered cutscenes are rendered at higher frame rate to fix frame pacing issues.
- Difficulty balancing has been improved.
- New Game+
- New enemy types and added boss phases
- Spirit Guide Trials
- New outfits (Deluxe Edition owners get an exclusive outfit all their own)
Read more on the new features and content being added below.
New Game+ — the mode will feature:
- Combat adjustments (redesigned and more challenging)
- New enemy types unique to New Game+
- “Many” bumps have some additional phases
Charmstones are being added with the September 27 update:
Individually equipable – these unique collectibles each provide different adjustments to Kena’s stats and abilities. Some Charmstones contain a benefit and a drawback, encouraging players to strategize about how they want to take on certain enemies and challenges. Rare Cursed Charmstones are aimed at players who want a serious challenge by attacking the game with reduced abilities. Players will find most Charmstones hidden around Kena’s world, with a few connected to another big addition: Spirit Guide Trials.
Spirit Guide Trials:
New Game Mode accessed from the Mask Shrine. It will fall into three different categories: Obstacle Courses, Wave Defenses, and Boss Reflects.
Each Trial can be played as many times as players want, and they include various objectives to complete within that particular Trial.
In the Obstacle Courses for example, players focus on Kena’s primary abilities: the Bow, Bomb, and Dash as they navigate through courses designed to test their accuracy, timing, and platforming.
Wave Defenses pit players against multiple rounds of increasingly difficult enemies. They must think strategically while pacing themselves through multiple waves of unique scenarios with limited chances to heal. We’ve prepared some pretty exciting and hair-raising enemy combinations here, so be prepared.
Boss Reflects allow players to revisit their favorite boss fights and perfect their tactics. While we love the excitement of all of our smaller combat encounters, we’re particularly fond of a good bossfight. We wanted to make sure players had the opportunity to retry these exciting events to their hearts’ content within one playthrough, experiment with new approaches, and become true masters.
New outfits are rewarded by completing Trials. These new clothing options are inspired by the characters Kena meets in her journey. Succeeding at bonus objectives within each Trial can unlock color variations of each outfit, plus unique Charmstones.
Source: PlayStation Blog, Ember Lab